Do you have a knack for designing and implementing algorithms and data structures? Do you want to work with cutting edge technology to build systems for helping our customers relive their memories? Then we would love to hear from you!
The albelli AI team is tasked with serving cloud-based APIs backed by AI and algorithms. These APIs assist our users in easily creating beautiful photo products from their memories, for example by generating automatic photo selections and layouts. This responsibility is split in three components: artificial intelligence research, machine learning cloud infrastructure and layout generation. We are looking for someone who can help maintain, improve and extend our codebase for layout generation, and who can assist in work on infrastructure & API components when needed.
• Improve, extend and maintain our codebase for layout generation, designing for quality, maintainability, testability, robustness, operability and scale
• Work together with the team in designing and implementing algorithmic solutions for our customer and business problems
• Support the team in work on machine learning infrastructure and API components when needed
• Actively contribute to the continuous improvement of the team by participating in code review, technical & architectural discussions and ideation
• At least 3 years of industry experience as a software engineer
• Proficiency in at least one system programming language with emphasis on performance (C++, Java, Rust, or similar)
• Some experience with Python or a similar scripting language
• Knowledge of structurally maintaining a large code-base (git, build systems, testing, CI/CD)
• An affinity for optimization problems, algorithms and data structures (graph theory, computational geometry)
• Flexibility in shifting focus between different software projects when needed
• Proficiency in object-oriented, modern C++
• Proficiency in Python
• Experience with cloud services (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, or similar)
• An interest in machine learning
• Speaks both English and Dutch
• Ability to travel to Nijmegen office
• Competitive compensation & benefits
• Learning & Development budget for personal development
• An informal, fun and driven culture as well as a healthy work-life balance
• Agile working environment with regular dev days, chapter days and team building activities as well as a social atmosphere with Friday drinks, parties, sports events, hackathons etc. To be resumed post COVID-19!
For the safety of our employees and following the measures implemented due to COVID-19, we currently work differently. Our Amsterdam and Nijmegen offices are closed while our production facility in the Hague is operating with proper safety and health measures. Our Recruiting process is currently entirely remote via phone and video calls. Our new hires will have remote onboarding since the well-being of our employees is our number one priority. For the time being, most of you will be working from home until further notice. This situation can change at any time.