As the IT Development Manager / Software Developer Manager you will lead and develop high-performance teams to meet their objectives. Specifically, you will manage our artificial intelligence (Nijmegen), online editors (Nijmegen / Amsterdam) and APP (Amsterdam) teams. You will coach the teams to build, design and test robust, highly scalable, testable and maintainable APIs, services and platforms. You will coach people to grow into high-performing individuals and team players. The ideal candidate will be someone who has extensive experience as an IT Development Manager / Software Development Manager and has excellent knowledge about the technical design of scalable software components and distributed systems.
- Lead, develop and coach the teams into high-performance teams to meet their objectives
- Collaborate and manage relationships with executives, product owners, business stakeholders and engineers to support the teams’ objectives
- Coach the teams to build, design and test robust, highly scalable, testable and maintainable APIs, services and platforms.
- Managing budget and people planning & operations
- Lead and/or support cross functional initiatives
- Recommend technology strategies, policies, and procedures
- Coach people in their growth and career paths to excel.
- Coach teams and individuals to create objectives and support people to reach their personal and team objectives
- Ability to helicopter in when needed to support teams in reaching their objectives
- Local Nijmegen office site lead working with the Netherlands facility lead
- Part IT Leadership team and reporting into CTO, driving change within all of IT
- Bachelor or Master degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 7 years of professional experience in software engineering or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in managing software development teams or equivalent experience
- Strong leader, team player with strong management and coaching skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, structured, logical thinking even when working in a fast-paced environment under tight timeframes.
- Experience with mentoring developers in software development practices and technologies
- Experience with agile, lean and development methodologies
- Excellent communication skills, results driven, self-starting and having the ability to make change happen.
- High level of pragmatism, able of making the right tradeoffs
- Office location split Nijmegen office and Amsterdam office. There is flexibility in working remotely. During corona remote working is the default for most people.
- Fluently in English
- Experience with machine learning
- Experience with frontend, backend and app development
- Experience with continuous deployment
- Experience with test automation
- Experience with Amazon web services
- Experience with test driven development
- 5-minute walk from the Nijmegen Station located in a beautiful building and area of Nijmegen
- 2-minute walk from Amsterdam Central Station and have the best view on the city
- International teams
- Room for you to do things your way
- A rewarding job in a fast growing and dynamic environment
- Informal and hands-on work culture
- Freedom to experiment with technologies
- Competitive compensation, relocation support, and benefits
- Learning & Development budget for personal development
- An international Amsterdam office hosting over 40 nationalities and centrally located in one of Europe's most vibrant cities
- An informal, fun and driven culture as well as a healthy work-life balance
- Flexibility in remote working.
- Agile working environment with regular dev days, chapter days, and team building activities as well as a social atmosphere with communal lunch, Friday drinks, parties, sports events, hackathons, etc. (To be resumed Post COVID-19)
For the safety of our employees and following the measures implemented due to COVID-19, we currently work differently. Our Amsterdam and Nijmegen offices are closed while our production facility in the Hague is operating with proper safety and health measures. Our Recruiting process is currently entirely remote via phone and video calls. Our new hires will have a remote onboarding since the well-being of our employees is our number one priority. For the time being, most of you will be working from home until further notice. This situation can change at any time.