albelli and Photobox Group have merged to create a leading player in the online European Photo Product and Gifting market. Together we now serve a pan-European customer base of over 7 million customers, supported by our 1,150 colleagues across the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, France, Spain, Germany, Norway and Sweden. We are focussed on inspiring our customers to easily make beautiful photo products and bring their special moments to life.
As a senior iOS developer you will be responsible for designing, building and maintaining robust applications for customers who use Apple devices. You will be working in a team of engineers who value teamwork, software quality and testability, learning and growing, being able to focus on what matters and delivering results. You will be a part of a friendly and fun team, where everybody is eager to help each other and pair up on hard problems.
Our iOS app is being actively rewritten using native technologies. Currently our app has hybrid components: some of the UI is written in HTML and JS wrapped into a rich native shell, providing UX as close to native as possible.
Your Qualification and Mindset
- 7+ years of experience in iOS application development
- Multiple published enterprise level applications in the App Store
- Proficient in Swift, able to read and understand Objective-C
- Experience with storage solutions, like CoreData and SQLite
- Expert in the Apple ecosystem (Xcode, App Store releases, TestFlight, etc.)
- You value best practices but can be down-to-earth and pragmatic as well
- You value the business point of view and care about customers
- Quality-oriented, you invest in writing tests and documenting code
- Eager to fight technical debt and strategize to prevent it in the future
- Proactive, you initiate the conversation with stakeholders and colleagues
- You invest in helping others and growing together as a team
- You are direct and candid in communication, like to be challenged by others and to challenge others
- You are a friendly and respectful human being
Great if you have
- Experience with CI/CD culture and tools
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodologies
- Experience with function reactive programming (RxSwift, Combine, etc.)
- Experience with web technologies: CSS, HTML and JS
- A fast-growing e-commerce environment
- An international company hosting over 50 nationalities
- Competitive compensation, relocation support, and lots of benefits (such as a discounted gym membership)
- Budget for personal growth and development, including external training, courses, and conferences
- 26 days of annual leave with a healthy work-life balance
- A flexible hybrid work set up with a minimum of 2 days per month in the office and everything you need for a proper work from home setup
- An informal, fun, proactive, and inclusive culture with a social atmosphere (Friday drinks, parties, sports, etc.) to be resumed properly post COVID-19!
- A central location in one of Europe’s most vibrant cities, Amsterdam!
We are working in a hybrid environment and this role is based in our Amsterdam office, located in the centre of city next to Central Station with stunning views of the harbour, and the numerous canals running through the old city. The office is spread over five floors, with ample amenities and easy walking distance to nearby shops, cafes, and restaurants. The team here is made up of more than 50 nationalities, who work across all areas of the business with a focus on analytics, marketing, HR, and technology