Are you an analytical talent and financial leader with strong business acumen who is looking for the next challenge? Then get in touch! We are looking for a Senior Financial Controller to join our finance team consisting of 11 enthusiastic professionals specialised in accounting and financial analysis.
Purpose of the role
As the Senior Financial Controller you will be based in our Head Quarters in Amsterdam and reporting directly to the CFO, acting as core sparring partner. You will support the wider Finance teams in both Amsterdam and Paris to further professionalise the finance function within albelli.
In this role you will be working closely with our CFO on major finance projects and group initiatives, including M&A. It is a pipeline position to a senior finance lead role, including people management responsibilities. One day you will be presenting financials to banks & investors and the next day you may be closing tax statements for the group. A true combination of deep dive analysis with hands on mentality.
- Collaborating closely with various teams across the business such as accounting, FP&A and HR as well as external relationships like auditors and tax advisors
- Leading the monthly consolidation and finance reporting
- Prepare and present external reporting to the investor, banks and other stakeholders
- Financial analysis on balance sheet, working capital and cash development
- Managing the bank financing and financial lease
- Cash forecasting and managing / hedging currency risks
- Preparation of (group) financial statements
- Manage the external audit
- Managing TAX including transfer pricing, corporate income tax returns, innovation box, WBSO etc.
- Managing (fraud) risk relating to online payments
- Working on various ad-hoc projects to professionalise and standardise processes, internal control and drive efficiencies within finance
- 8 – 10 years of experience working within an auditing / controlling function
- Experience within an auditing firm (ideally one of the top 5)
- Educated with a Masters’ degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or equivalent
- Highly knowledgeable with Dutch GAAP / IFRS
- Post graduate RA / CPA is highly desirable
- Management & leadership potential; ideally some previous people management experience
- Strong technical reporting skills
- Any prior experience with Oracle Cloud is a plus
- Excellent Excel skills, incl. - vlookups, pivot tables, VBA
- Project management and process improvement experience is a plus
- Fluency English language is mandatory, fluency in Dutch a nice to have
- Confident communicator across the business at all levels as well as external parties
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- A fast-growing eCommerce environment;
- An international office hosting over 35 nationalities;
- Competitive compensation, relocation support and lots of benefits;
- A social atmosphere (lunch, Friday drinks, parties, sports, etc.);
- An informal, fun and driven culture;
- A central location in one of Europe’s most vibrant cities.