albelli and Photobox Group have merged to create a leading player in the online European Photo Product and Gifting market. Together we now serve a pan-European customer base of over 7 million customers, supported by our 1,150 colleagues across the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, France, Spain, Germany, Norway and Sweden. We are focused on inspiring our customers to easily make beautiful photo products and bring their special moments to life.
In this role you will be accountable for the technical health, squad performance, budget and culture of the squads. The Manufacturing, Shipping and Care squads are end to end responsible for the manufacturing plant operating system, fulfillment routing system (how we route orders to appropriate manufacturing plants), the delivery platform (shipping) and our Customer Care platform. The overall tribe consists of around 45 people (~35 developers).
You will be responsible for the delivery of our initiatives and define the overall vision and strategy for Manufacturing, Shipping and Care working with senior leaders and the teams. You’ll be passionate about improving our platforms, processes, standards and operations across the business. You will lead multiple initiatives to ensure that the albelli Photobox Group achieves objectives while influencing executives and key stakeholders.
Technology is at the core of the albelli - Photobox Group and technology powers our commercial and production operations across Europe. Our technology platforms enable our customers to transform photographs into the most thoughtful gifts and tangible memories. We understand these aren’t just photos, they’re treasured moments.
That’s why every part of the experience, from website to factory to front door, is designed to delight. To secure these treasured moments, albelli - Photobox Group is now seeking to appoint a Senior Engineering Manager for Manufacturing, Shipping and Care. For this role we’re looking for a pragmatic & hands on leader with responsibilities across Manufacturing, Shipping and Care where the teams operate in the Netherlands, France & Germany.
- Overall accountable for the technical health, performance, budget and culture of the squads.
- Establish mastery, ensure health and overall composition of squads
- Nurture, grow and develop engineering talent in the squads
- Inspire and motivate the squads
- Directly manage squads that develop and innovate our Manufacturing, Shipping and Care platforms
- Lead by example by taking ownership, being proactive and collaborating
- Work on continuous improvement, keeping it simple and developing the team
- Foster a great culture that innovates, works together as squads, partners with other squads and celebrates success
- Delivery of the wider technology strategic objectives
- Embed agile ways of working and values within the squads
- Get into the technical detail where required to coach, support and mentor the squads
- Drive a culture of ownership and technical excellence
- Thought partner for Product Director and Product Managers and Principal Engineer to define, shape and deliver the roadmap
- Negotiate on the strategic importance of own product roadmap features
- BS / MS in Computer Science (In lieu of degree, relevant work experience)
- 7+ years of experience in a B2C web technology environment with 3+ years of experience in an Engineering Manager or equivalent
- Proven and demonstrated track record of leading technical teams and managing managers
- Passionate and demonstrated track record with Agile ways of working, preferably including LeSS model.
- Knowledge of growing teams and/or organizations
- Be both highly technical and an effective people manager in the eCommerce domain
- Strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
- Solution oriented and result driven, analytical skills and data-driven mindset
- Strong executional skills - an ability to synthesize information, to break a problem into its component parts, to prioritize by value, to efficiently manage a meeting, to make and defend decisions, to make hard tradeoffs and to say no;
- Fluent in English.
- A fast-growing e-commerce environment
- An international company hosting over 50 nationalities
- Competitive compensation, relocation support, and lots of benefits (such as a discounted gym membership)
- Budget for personal growth and development, including external training, courses, and conferences
- 26 days of annual leave with a healthy work-life balance
- Every 5 years an Albelli-Photobox Group break where you get an additional 2 weeks of PTO / Holiday and can take up to 2 months off work.
- 2 months a year of working abroad
- A flexible hybrid work set up with a minimum of 2 days per month in the office and everything you need for a proper work from home setup
- An informal, fun, proactive, and inclusive culture with a social atmosphere (Friday drinks, parties, sports, etc.) to be resumed properly post COVID-19!
- A central location in one of Europe’s most vibrant cities, Amsterdam!
We are working in a hybrid environment and this role is based in our Amsterdam office, located in the centre of city next to Central Station with stunning views of the harbour, and the numerous canals running through the old city. The office is spread over five floors, with ample amenities and easy walking distance to nearby shops, cafes, and restaurants. The team here is made up of more than 50 nationalities, who work across all areas of the business with a focus on analytics, marketing, HR, and technology.