At albelli we help our customers turn their photo collections into beautiful personalized photo products such as Photo Books, Posters, Canvases, Calendars, Cards and more. Our web and app based creation tools make it incredibly easy for customers to make products exactly to their tastes, then behind the scenes we need to process millions of orders that are each unique in our mass customization fulfillment platform. This platform routes orders to one of our two manufacturing plants or to outsource partners and once in the plant it carefully schedules the orders, delivers printer ready files at exactly the right time, matches pages and covers, bundles different items and then chooses the optimal shipping method to get the product to customers as quickly and inexpensively as possible. All this requires highly scalable, flexible and reliable software and we are constantly developing our capabilities to create new value for our manufacturing plants and our customers.
We have an ambitious plan to scale this to the next level and we are looking for an experienced Product Owner to further develop our vision, iterate on ideas with our commercial and plant partners, and build a compelling backlog of work together with the development squads to fulfill the vision. You will work in a fully agile environment where the main focus is on delivering customer value
- Forming a close relationship with key stakeholders in the Manufacturing teams to fully understand the processes and opportunities in our existing workflows,
- Forming a close relationship with our commercial teams to fully understand our customers and where market opportunities lie,
- Build out the future state vision of our manufacturing software platform to provide greater flexibility, scalability and reliability,
- Working with your technology teams to build out a compelling backlog for the realization of the vision, fully balancing short and long term value and building on the technical health and extensibility of the software platform,
- Working closely with the operational teams on software deployment and change management, ensuring that the new capabilities are fully understood and leveraged to maximize value delivery,
- Working cross functionally with other POs and Technology teams to manage dependencies and ensure that the full value of the work can be realized,
- Communicating regularly across the company to help colleagues understand the work plans and value proposals, and to communicate risks, impediments and dependencies so action can quickly be taken to resolve issues.
- A Master or Bachelor degree in a technical field,
- 5+ years of experience in a technology development environment with 3+ years of experience in a Product Owner role or equivalent,
- Experience in a manufacturing domain is a strong plus but not required,
- Demonstrated ability to develop technical solutions in a co-creation environment with solution users,
- Demonstrated ability to create a strategy and decompose it into executable increments in a complex environment,
- Strong communication skills working both with users and with senior stakeholders in establishing the value proposition of different ideas,
- Strong technical understanding both of software and systems engineering,
- Experience working closely with technical teams to develop complex software solutions, with an ability to inspire and motivate software engineers,
- Strong executional skills - an ability to synthesize information, to break a problem into its component parts, to prioritize by value, to efficiently manage a meeting, to make and defend decisions and to make hard tradeoffs,
- Fluent in English.
What we offer
- A fast-growing eCommerce environment
- An innovative engineering culture with lots of autonomy and flexibility
- An international office hosting over 40 nationalities in the centre of Amsterdam
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- An informal and fun but driven culture
- A remote working policy
- A hybrid work set up (both home and at the office)
For the safety of our employees and following the measures implemented due to COVID-19, we currently work differently. Our Amsterdam and Nijmegen offices are closed while our production facility in the Hague is operating with proper safety and health measures. Our Recruiting process is currently entirely remote via phone and video calls. Our new hires will have remote onboarding since the well-being of our employees is our number one priority. For the time being, most of you will be working from home until further notice. This situation can change at any time.