Join our Editor Backend development team and help to innovate and improve the functionality of our software. You will be working mostly on building and improving APIs that support the front-end and mobile applications, and improving the way that these APIs are consumed.
In addition, you will also work on improving and automating the product design process that will allow our product designers to smoothly publish their designs on websites and in our editors.
You will join a multi functional cross-location scrum team, located in Bergen (Norway) and Amsterdam (The Netherlands). This team is responsible for improving and maintaining our backend software, working closely together with the Product Owner, Scrum Master, and stakeholders to get the best results. Besides being part of the Editor Backend Team, you will align with the .Net chapter, which spans multiple IT teams at albelli, the mother company of fotoknudsen.
- Develop, test, and release new functionality to the Editor back-end;
- Continuously evaluate the way that things are done and suggest improvements;
- Share your knowledge with colleagues through sprint reviews, pair programming, dev days, and any other means you deem necessary;
- Improve the content publishing pipeline, with a strong focus on reliability;
- You will have the chance to make a strong impact on the organization by automating a lot of the existing manual processes related to content publishing;
- You will be working closely with product designers and internal technical teams, but also with external providers;
- You will gather requirements from key stakeholders (product design manager, technical teams, production facilities), but you will also have the chance to bring your ideas to the backlog.
Here are some of the initiatives that you will be working on over the next few months:
- Implement incremental improvements to back-end services, such as project storage;
- Improve our infrastructure towards continuous development and micro services, where applicable;
- Looking for better ways to ensure quality of deployed software;
- Help move existing applications to the cloud;
- Implement content conversion from the Adobe file format to our internal standards;
- Automate the validation process of published content;
- Learn AWS cloud technologies, serverless design, micro services.
- Good knowledge of OOP principles, good class design and good coding practices;
- Knowledge of, or experience with Microsoft Web technologies preferably (ASP.NET MVC or Web API);
- Knowledge of, or experience with Unit Testing / Integration testing;
- Experience with SQL and an ORM framework of choice;
- Effective communication in English (speaking and writing) is a must;
- Proactive, communicative attitude and ability to work independently;
- Willing to learn and work closely with the team.
- Knowledge of, or experience with cloud providers, preferably AWS;
- Knowledge of other programming languages;
- Experience with Continuous Delivery, TDD, BDD, DDD;
- Experience with GIT;
- Familiarity with Adobe products and file formats.
- Freedom to experiment with technologies;
- Modern offices located in Bergen, main office in Amsterdam hosting over 30 nationalities;
- A social atmosphere (lunch, Friday drinks, parties, etc.);
- An informal, fun and driven culture as well as good work-life balance;
- Competitive compensation;
- Frequent visits to Amsterdam