Are you looking for your next challenge in People Operations? Do phrases like employment legislation, process improvements, and employee relationship management set your heart a-flutter? Then this might be the role for you!
Join us at albelli. We’re front runners in the photo product industry, blazing a trail across the globe with six different brands – albelli, monalbumphoto, bonusprint, fotoknudsen, onskefoto and resnap. We inspire people to relive and share life's moments by creating personalised photo products and believe in providing quality, affordability, and great customer service.
We’re proud of what we do and the way we do it, attracting talent from all over the world. At the last count our offices were home to 40 different nationalities. As one of the fastest growing ecommerce companies in the Netherlands, we’re constantly striving to push boundaries and drive our business further forward. Would you like to be part of this international, ambitious and fun team? Come join us and let’s create memorable moments together!
People Operations is the employee experience backbone of the People team in albelli. As a HR/People Officer, you will proactively support our employees and our People Team with the operational People activities for our employees in the Netherlands, Spain, Norway, France, and Sweden – we’re talking drafting contracts, managing benefits, processing payroll, and building in process flows for our current systems.
In this role you will report directly to the People Operations Manager.
- Helping employees: you’re the first port of call when an employee has a question, be it about PTO, travel costs, or their contractual rights. This doesn’t just mean answering Slack messages – you should be just as comfortable hopping on Zoom as you are walking around on a Production floor (and you’ll be doing both!).
- Payroll: We do a lot of our payroll in house, so you need to have knowledge of how changes to employee contracts work, what might have an impact on the employee’s taxation, and how to process ad hoc requests, such as laptop purchases or working from home allowances.
- Reporting and Data Maintenance: People Operations owns all the employee data within albelli. Your eye twitches if a document isn’t labeled correctly and you have a knack for spotting spelling mistakes. Bonus points if you like playing with formulas in Excel to make data checks and reporting easier!
- Process improvements: We don’t like to live with legacy, so an eye for streamlining things goes a long way in this function. You enjoy learning how systems work and looking for ways to make things more efficient and less error-prone.
You are stress-resistant, service-oriented, and extremely detail oriented. You have strong communication and organisational skills, and you’re comfortable working in both an office environment as well as remote.
Next to that you have:
- 2/3 years of experience in a similar role;
- Current knowledge of (Dutch) HR legislation and regulations;
- Excellent (business) communication skills in English and Dutch (both oral and written);
- A positive, proactive, solution-focused mindset;
- Excellent Microsoft Office knowledge (excel is essential).
You win bonus points if you have:
- Experience with AFAS and/or Bamboo HR;
- Knowledge of Dutch payroll processes;
- The ability to speak Spanish, French, or Norwegian (in addition to English and Dutch).
- A fast-growing e-commerce environment
- An international company hosting over 40 nationalities
- Competitive compensation and lots of benefits (such as a discounted gym membership)
- Budget for personal growth and development, including external training, courses, and conferences
- A healthy work-life balance and a hybrid work set up (both home and at the office)
- Everything you need for a proper work from home setup
- An informal, fun, proactive, and inclusive culture with a social atmosphere (Friday drinks, parties, sports, etc.) to be resumed properly post COVID-19!
- A central location in one of Europe’s most vibrant cities, Barcelona!
We are working in a hybrid environment and this role is based in our Barcelona office, situated in a WeWork by Plaça de les Glòries Catalanes, a hub for technology and innovation. Within walking distance of public transport, the beach and shopping centres, the office has great facilities (coffee, tea, showers, bike parking, social events and more) with a modern working atmosphere. There are approx. 10 people in the office, who work across all areas of the business, with a focus on analytics, marketing, and technology.
For the safety of our employees and following the measures implemented due to COVID-19, we currently work differently. Our offices are closed while our production facilities are operating with proper safety and health measures. Our Recruiting process is currently entirely remote via phone and video calls. Our new hires will have a remote onboarding since the well-being of our employees is our number one priority.