Are you a Data Architect with extensive experience in designing and building data platform solutions? Do you get excited about optimizing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives? Are you a true data pioneer who’s mission it is to strengthen our business strategy with the help of data? Then you might be our new colleague! Wherever you are in the world, we will happily help you with relocation right to the center of Amsterdam. Get in touch!
Data is at the core of how we make decisions as a company. We are looking for a Head of Data Platform that will be responsible for designing, building, shipping and maintaining our Data Platform that is collecting data from a variety of sources and used across the entire business. You'll partner closely with product owners, marketers, analysts & data scientists to develop key insights and enable decisions and process automation at scale for growing our business.
- Architect, build, and lead our data platform development to support our short- and long-term business goals;
- Provide technical leadership and drive solutions to complex problems;
- Development of scale-able data solutions to be used for reporting, (predictive) analytics, automated processes and data models;
- Develop and manage a team of data engineers responsible for building and optimising Data Warehouses, ETL/ELT processes and data sets (the data we ingest typically range from eCommerce, production management, customer management, marketing 3rd parties solutions such as Adobe, Google Adwords, Facebook);
- Establish and drive adoption of best practices for data engineering, component re-use, architecture design and technical standards.
- Work closely with the guild of product owners to do roadmap planning and prioritization;
- Manage day-to-day decisions, including request priorities, work assignments and work sequencing; and interface with senior management to report on roadmap progress (with the help from a scrum master/agile coach);
- Make sure the data platform fits into broader business and IT strategy.
- 10+ years of experience in architecting, building, and managing complex ETL pipelines;
- Experience deploying solutions in AWS and understanding of AWS data products like Redshift, S3, Athena, Glue, EMR, Sagemaker or Aurora;
- Experience working with visualization tools such as Looker, Tableau or etc.;
- Ability to design, code and run large-scale data-heavy business process implementations and in solving data science and data integration challenges;
- Great communication skills and can explain technical concepts to non-technical colleagues;
- Experience in growing people and managing teams in an agile environment.
- Freedom to experiment with technologies;
- An international office hosting over 35 nationalities;
- A social atmosphere (lunch, Friday drinks, parties, sports, etc.);
- Central location in one of Europe's most vibrant cities;
- An informal, fun and driven culture as well as good work-life balance;
- Competitive compensation, relocation support and lots of benefits.