We’re front runners in the photo product industry, blazing a trail across the globe with six different brands – Albelli, Bonusprint, Fotoknudsen, Onskefoto, MonAlbumPhoto, and Resnap. We’re proud of what we do and the way we do it, attracting talent from all over the world. At the last count, our offices were home to 33 different nationalities. As one of the fastest-growing eCommerce companies in the Netherlands, we’re constantly striving to push boundaries and drive our business further forward. Because of this, we set ourselves bold ambitions and expect everyone working here to do the same.
About the role
Data is at the core of how we make decisions as a company. We are looking for a Head of Data Platform that will be responsible for driving and implementing the strategy and tactics to grow and evolve our data platform that is collecting data from a variety of sources and used across the entire business. We are currently working on migrating our platform from ETL/ELT in Redshift into a more live and dynamic data environment that includes event ingestion, cloud services framework, and Snowflake as our data warehouse. We experiment with new AWS services, event sources, and third-party data to bring as much value as possible. This is a key role that will have a big impact on the future priorities of this organization.
- Lead effort to design, architect, and build our data platform to support different methods to ingest and process data; including events, ETL, and third party APIs.
- Design, implement and maintain end-to-end data pipelines from raw data sources to presentation.
- Own the technical vision and roadmap for our data platform to meet the data needs of different stakeholders across multiple business units.
- Partner with a product owner to develop a product vision and roadmap
- Lead, mentor, and grow a small team of high-performing data engineers
- Collaborate with the Engineering Team, Analytics, subject matter exports, and department leaders to understand, analyze, build and deliver new data models, processes, and reports
- Establish and drive adoption of best practices for data engineering, component re-use, architecture and technical standards
- Ensure data quality and compliance with reporting and regulatory standards
- Manage daily operations for the Data Platform team, including projects, priorities, and user requests (with the help from a scrum master / agile coach)
- Align with broader goals of the business and IT strategy
- 10+ years of experience in architecting, building, and managing complex data models.
- Experience with cloud data pipelines and cloud solutions architecture (AWS or other cloud providers, Redshift, Snowflake, API development)
- Thorough understanding of customer-centric data platforms, marketing data sources, and integration with online marketing activation channels.
- Experience working with visualization tools such as Looker, Tableau, etc.
- Solid understanding of data warehouse principles and design
- Experience with event-based data modelling and architecture.
- Strong understanding of how to design, code and run large-scale data-heavy business process implementation and in solving data science and data integration challenges
- Great communication skills and can explain technical concepts to non-technical colleagues
- Experience in growing people and managing teams in an Agile environment.
- Experience applying Agile to data engineering.
- Fluent in English (Dutch not required)
- Freedom to experiment with technologies
- Competitive compensation, relocation support and benefits
- Learning & Development budget for personal development
- An international office hosting over 35 nationalities and centrally located in one of Europe's most vibrant cities
- An informal, fun and driven culture as well as a healthy work-life balance
- Agile working environment with regular dev days, chapter days and team building activities as well as a social atmosphere with communal lunch, Friday drinks, parties, sports events, hackathons etc.