albelli and Photobox Group have merged to create a leading player in the online European Photo Product and Gifting market. Together we now serve a pan-European customer base of over 7 million customers, supported by our 1,150 colleagues across the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, France, Spain, Germany, Norway and Sweden. We are focussed on inspiring our customers to easily make beautiful photo products and bring their special moments to life.
The Group Financial Controller acts as a member of the Group finance team with the mandate to support the consolidated finance systems (COGNOS), various Internal and External reporting, making sure deliverables on time, with quality.
Reporting and key relationships:
The functional reporting is to the Senior Finance controller. He/she will interact closely with Accounting, FP&A, and tax teams across various locations.
- Lead the month-end and year-end close process in Cognos.
- Lead in preparing the financial and other internal/external reports (Banks, shareholders etc.) from Cognos.
- Lead in providing Cognos support to the accounting users across locations to complete the month-end and year-end reporting on time and with quality.
- Lead in managing and make improvements to Cognos efficiently, to ensure it supports the reporting requirements.
- Take the ownership of Cognos and be a go to person for users.
- Support in the preparation of Group financial statements and ensuring the financial statements are audit ready.
- Support the Group accountant in coordinating audit processes to ensure completing the audit on time and with quality
- You are part of project teams, which are involved in various projects in the field of financial systems, control and compliance.
- You make an active contribution to the further professionalization of the group finance department.
- Develop and document business processes to maintain and strengthen internal controls over the month-end and year-end process.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change in the Group finance function.
Working in a challenging and fast-moving environment, the Group Financial Controller needs to understand a diverse set of topics embracing all of Finance Departments. The incumbent will need to drive results on his/her own with limited support and feel comfortable working with stakeholders across different regions and functions
- 5 years of relevant work experience, for example in: Accountancy or Audit in a large SME or at a small multinational.
- You must be an expert in Cognos.
- You have thorough accounting and reporting knowledge.
- You have knowledge of IFRS.
- You have good conceptual thinking skills and strong analytical skills.
- You keep the overview and set the right priorities.
- You are hands-on, socially skilled, and able to bind and convince people.
- You are curious and result driven
- Good written and spoken communication skills in English.
- You must be eligible to work in the UK
- Annual Performance bonus (Discretionary)
- 25 days of holiday a year (excluding public holidays) increasing by 1 day each year up to 30 days after 5 years continuous service
- 2 weeks out of the year to work working remotely abroad
- Healthcare, dental and life assurance
- Money Purchase Pension scheme with employer/employee contributions
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Credits to spend each year on company products
- Mental health and wellbeing support available 24/7
- Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join the team
- Funded wellbeing - including discounted gyms, yoga and bootcamps in the office