Are you the .NET Software Developer who will help our business grow and wants to grow with us? Then albelli is looking for you! Wherever you are in the world, we will happily help you with relocation right to the center of Amsterdam. Get in touch!
The Chaos Monkeys are the team that maintains and develops the heart of the e-commerce platform that is albelli. The team is responsible for the Product Catalog, Payments, Checkout, Discounts, and many more services that the platform is composed of. The team is active not only inside the company but in the open-source community as well. We are no strangers in making improvements to the systems that we use and are always ready to make a pull request.
Cool projects that the team has recently worked on:
- A completely automated CI/CD pipeline that lets you create and run a new project in minutes
- A Domain Specific Language that allows marketeers describe the discounting rules for our new promotions platform
- Infrastructure for .NET running in docker containers in ECS
- A slack bot infrastructure that allows for the execution of arbitrary commands
- OpenTelemetry support for AWS Lambda
What are you going to work on:
- Helping the team to improve the ways of working by actively contributing to the engineering culture
- Constantly drive innovation in the team and across the company
- Assist us in the migration the remnants of the data center services to AWS
- Improve our promotions engine
- Help us build a better product catalog
- Improve latency of the user-facing applications
.NET Core, C#, F#, AWS, Serverless, ECS, Docker, Slack, GitHub, OctopusDeploy, Lambda
- At least 4 years of experience with C#/.NET
- Solid experience with unit testing frameworks
- Hands-on experience with continuous delivery & continuous integration
- Experience with Microsoft web technologies (ASP.NET MVC or Web API)
- Knowledge of common software architectures and design patterns
- Excellent command of the English language (both written and verbally)
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
Bonus points for:
- Experience with high scalability systems
- Experience in using cloud services
- Freedom to experiment with technologies
- Competitive compensation, relocation support and benefits
- Learning & Development budget for personal development
- An international office hosting over 40 nationalities and centrally located in one of Europe's most vibrant cities
- An informal, fun and driven culture as well as a healthy work-life balance
- Agile working environment with regular dev days, chapter days and team building activities as well as a social atmosphere with communal lunch, Friday drinks, parties, sports events, hackathons etc. To be resumed post COVID-19!
For the safety of our employees and following the measures implemented due to COVID-19, we currently work differently. Our Amsterdam and Nijmegen offices are closed while our production facility in the Hague is operating with proper safety and health measures. Our Recruiting process is currently entirely remote via phone and video calls. Our new hires will have a remote onboarding since the well-being of our employees is our number one priority. For the time being, most of you will be working from home until further notice. This situation can change at any time.