Looking for a challenging position as a Delphi Developer in the heart of Amsterdam? Want to join an enthusiastic, high performing team to develop innovative software for the fastest-growing company in its segment? Join us! We’re front runners in the photo product industry, blazing a trail across the globe with six different brands – Albelli, Bonusprint, Fotoknudsen, Onskefoto, MonAlbumPhoto, and Resnap. We’re proud of what we do and the way we do it, attracting talent from all over the world. At the last count, our offices were home to 33 different nationalities. As one of the fastest-growing eCommerce companies in the Netherlands, we’re constantly striving to push boundaries and drive our business further forward. Because of this, we set ourselves bold ambitions and expect everyone working here to do the same.
You will join a team of Delphi developers and quality engineers to further improve our Windows photo product development applications. You will be responsible for continuously implementing the latest industry developments into our software and team. Research, develop, and implement the latest technologies. Work closely together with our UI/UX experts to deliver the prettiest software with the best user experience.
You will join a team of 2 Delphi developers, 1 QA, Scrum Master, and Product Owner. This team is responsible for rapidly improving and maintaining our Windows client software as well as offering 3rd line support to our customers, working closely together with the Product Owner, Scrum Master, stakeholders, and the UX team to get the best results.
This team has won numerous awards for the Windows client photobook editor. The Windows client software is responsible for a large percentage of our overall revenue; this is where most customers design their photobooks.
What we have been working on
- Connecting to new API’s for Artificial Intelligence (easy photo book creation)
- Implementing a new API for storage of photo books.
- Connecting to a new API for the handling of clipart, backgrounds, etc.
- Performance improvement of the software by implementing multithreading in different parts of the editor.
- Ease of use: We are constantly researching together with our UI/UX experts and our customers on how we can improve the customer experience in our editor
- Assess functional requests presented by the Product Owner and supplement them with technical designs
- Develop new features and support our client application in Delphi.
- Research developments in the industry. Propose, design, and implement architectural improvements based on your learnings.
- Support the team with implementing changes.
- Alert QA about possible risks of changes.
- Communicate with the Product Owner and other stakeholders on a daily basis.
- Continuously look for ways to improve and develop yourself. Learn other programming languages, frameworks, design patterns, tools etcetera, and suggest what we can do to improve our way of working.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Have been in a position where you have been a tech lead and helped others develop
- A strong desire to develop yourself and become the best in your area.
- Expert in Delphi.
- Expert knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming.
- Agile mindset
- Hands-on experience with continuous delivery & continuous integration/continuous deployment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to bridge IT and business.
- Excellent command of the English language (both written and verbally)
- Experience with other OO languages, such as C# or Java.
- Experience with web languages (HTML/CSS/JS and JS frameworks).
- Experience with TeamCity, Jenkins, Octopus Deploy
- Freedom to experiment with technologies
- Competitive compensation, relocation support and benefits
- Learning & Development budget for personal development
- An international office hosting over 35 nationalities and centrally located in one of Europe's most vibrant cities
- An informal, fun and driven culture as well as a healthy work-life balance
- Agile working environment with regular dev days, chapter days and team building activities as well as a social atmosphere with communal lunch, Friday drinks, parties, sports events, hackathons etc.