Do you understand the importance of communication? Are you ready to use your skills to facilitate our fast growth?? Do you want to work for a growing eCommerce company whose vision is to brighten up people’s lives? Wherever you are in the world, we will happily help you with relocation right to the center of Amsterdam. Get in touch, we might have a great role for you!
As our Communications Manager you will be responsible for delivering our internal and external corporate communications strategy. You will work together with different teams across the organization like Brand, Studio and Events. You will work as a spider in the web, connecting different parts of the organization through digital and non-digital means. You will be close to pretty much everything that is going on in the organization and it’s your challenge to channel all of this information in a clear and engaging way. Due to the strategic nature of the role you will report to the Chief of Staff / Strategy Director. Your work is very varied and goes from strategy and advice to producing communication and will be implemented through all layers of the organization.
- You will be setting up and rolling out a highly engaging and interactive internal communications strategy and framework
- You will be focusing on internal communication around strategy execution, organizational changes or crisis situations, but you will also build creative internal campaigns to mobilize your colleagues for internal events, surveys, incentives and, for example, a hackathon project.
- You arrange and write internal updates from A to Z, provide internal (leadership) blogs, are responsible for monthly company updates (townhall meetings) and create communication plans and calendars for various purposes.
- You also maintain the internal communication channels and tools and are a central point of contact for your colleagues.
- You will also strengthen our external corporate communication by improving our corporate information on our website and acting on external communication opportunities.
- At least 6 years of experience of which 1-2 years in this role in comparable companies and know how to bring the right balance between strategy, tactics and execution in your role.
- a Degree in Communications, Journalism or related area
- a healthy curiosity about what's going on within an organization and know how to put out your feelers in the right places and translate that information into internal communication. Creating easy relationships is in your DNA.
- You look for new and engaging ways to communicate and stimulate multi way communications
- Like to set up and oversee, while you can also execute with an eye for detail
- Excellent command of the English, both written and verbally
- Passion for managing many projects at the same time in a fast-growing organization.
- Familiarity with terms such as narrowcasting, eNPS, employer branding and employee experience.
- A fast-growing e-commerce environment
- An international company hosting over 40 nationalities
- Competitive compensation and lots of benefits
- A social atmosphere (lunch, Friday drinks, parties, sports, etc.). To be resumed Post COVID-19!
- An informal, fun and driven culture
- A central location in one of Europe’s most vibrant cities, Amsterdam!
- Awesome colleagues from all corners of the globe
For the safety of our employees and following the measures implemented due to COVID-19, we currently work differently. Our Amsterdam and Nijmegen offices are closed while our production facility in the Hague is operating with proper safety and health measures. Our Recruiting process is currently mostly remote via phone and video calls. Our new hires will have a remote onboarding since the well-being of our employees is our number one priority. For the time being, most of you will be working from home until further notice. This situation can change at any time.