Are you experienced in e-commerce, cloud infrastructure and are you ready to work at one of the fastest growing e-commerce companies? We'd love to hear from you!
albelli and Photobox Group have merged to create a leading player in the online European Photo Product and Gifting market. Together we now serve a pan-European customer base of over 7 million customers, supported by our 1,150 colleagues across the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, France, Spain, Germany, Norway and Sweden. We are focussed on inspiring our customers to easily make beautiful photo products and bring their special moments to life.
As part of the Cloud squad, you will focus on engineering innovative, strategic and long term solutions that enable Information Technology’s strategy for the movement of all IT assets to a Cloud-based platform.
Your job will be to design, implement and improve our AWS based cloud core-infrastructure, identify bottlenecks in our CI/CD pipelines. As a member of the Cloud squad, you will research what the best approach is, which architecture to apply, which frameworks to use and to guide other squads (dev teams) in the right direction.
The AWS Cloud Engineer:
- Evaluates new technologies and evolving business requirements.
- Provides high-level specialized technical support and consultation to business and IT.
- Identifies gaps, strategic impacts, financial impacts and the risk profile in the technical solutions.
- Leads the development of the technical solutions or offering, by translating the business needs into technical requirements.
- Over the next few months, your focus within the squad would be to work on:
- Architectural improvements and development on our core projects for AWS infrastructure, using infrastructure as code to help squads to accelerate their journey to the cloud.
- Continuously improve our Integration & Deployment pipelines.
- Assist squads with infrastructure as code, configuration management and CI/CD.
- Coach the members of the squad, as well as other squads and take part in AWS, Hashicorp toolset and CI/CD knowledge sharing.
- Automate manual tasks that can and should be automated.
- The ideal candidate is a team player and an experienced and versatile architect/engineerwith mature knowledge of Infrastructure as Code, Configuration management, Continuous Delivery and has good knowledge about the technical design of scalable software components and distributed systems.
More specifically you have
- 5+ years of experience with public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc) of which at least 2 years experience with infrastructure as code and creating/improving CI/CD pipelines;
- Up to date with best AWS practices and services offered is a must;
- Proficiency in coding in at least one of the following languages: Python, NodeJS, Java, C#, Bash, Groovy;
- Innovation skills, vision and a solid understanding how to embrace cloud computing resources to build and improve our enterprise
infrastructure in AWS;
- Fluent in English.
- Fluent in architecting solutions using AWS Services such as: IAM, EC2, ECS, S3, Lambda, SQS, SNS, API Gateway, Route53, EventBridge.
- Preferred experience with Haschicorp Terraform;
- Experience with git, jenkins, Octopus Deploy, Github Actions;
- Experience with setting up and administrating Kubernetes clusters in production environments.
Nice to have experience with:
- AWS Kinesis.
- Cloud networking.
- Annual Bonus
- Flexible working
- Funded wellbeing - including discounted gyms, yoga and bootcamps in the office
- Healthcare, dental and life assurance
- Workplace pension scheme
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Mental health and wellbeing support available 24/7
- Coffee machine and fresh fruit in the office (when we return)
- Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join the team
- Credit to spend each year on Photobox products
- 25 days of holiday a year (excluding public holidays) increasing each year up to 30
- A central location in one of Europe’s most vibrant cities, London!