Are you experienced in e-commerce, cloud infrastructure and are you ready to work at one of the fastest growing e-commerce companies in the Netherlands? We'd love to hear from you! Wherever you are in the world, we will happily help you with relocation right to the center of Amsterdam. Get in touch!
As part of the Cloud squad, you will focus on engineering innovative, strategic and long term solutions that enable Information Technology’s strategy for the movement of all IT assets to a Cloud-based platform.
Your job will be to design, implement and improve our AWS based cloud core-infrastructure, identify bottlenecks in our CI/CD pipelines. As a member of the Cloud squad, you will research what the best approach is, which architecture to apply, which frameworks to use and to guide other squads (dev teams) in the right direction.
The AWS Cloud Engineer:
- Evaluates new technologies and evolving business requirements;
- Provides high-level specialized technical support and consultation to business and IT;
- Identifies gaps, strategic impacts, financial impacts and the risk profile in the technical solutions;
- Leads the development of the technical solutions or offering, by translating the business needs into technical requirements.
- Over the next few months, your focus within the squad would be to work on:
- Architectural improvements and development on our core projects for AWS infrastructure, using infrastructure as code to help squads to accelerate their journey to the cloud;
- Continuously improve our Integration & Deployment pipelines;
- Assist squads with infrastructure as code, configuration management and CI/CD;
- Coach the members of the squad, as well as other squads and take part in AWS, Hashicorp toolset and CI/CD knowledge sharing.
- Automate manual tasks that can and should be automated.
- The ideal candidate is a team player and an experienced and versatile architect/engineer
- with mature knowledge of Infrastructure as Code, Configuration management, Continuous Delivery
- and has good knowledge about the technical design of scalable software components and distributed systems.
More specifically you have
- 5+ years of experience with public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc) of which at least 2 years experience with infrastructure as code and creating/improving CI/CD pipelines;
- Up to date with best AWS practices and services offered is a must;
- Innovation skills, vision and a solid understanding how to embrace cloud computing resources to build and improve our enterprise
infrastructure in AWS;
- Fluent in English.
- Fluent in architecting solutions using AWS Services such as: IAM, EC2, ECS, S3, Lambda, SQS, SNS, API Gateway, Route53, EventBridge.
- Preferred experience with Haschicorp Terraform;
- Experience with git, jenkins, Octopus Deploy, Github Actions;
- Coding experience in any of the following languages: Python, NodeJS, Java, C#, Bash, Groovy.
- Experience with setting up and administrating Kubernetes clusters in production environments.
Nice to have experience with:
- AWS Kinesis.
- Cloud networking.
- A fast-growing e-commerce environment
- An international company hosting over 40 nationalities
- An innovative Tech culture with lots of autonomy and flexibility, freedom to experiment with technologies
- Agile working environment with regular dev days and demos
- Competitive compensation, relocation support, and lots of benefits (such as a discounted gym membership)
- Budget for personal growth and development, including external training, courses, and conferences
- 26 days of annual leave with a healthy work-life balance and a hybrid work set up (both home and at the office)
- Everything you need for a proper work from home setup
- An informal, fun, proactive, and inclusive culture with a social atmosphere (Friday drinks, parties, sports, etc.) to be resumed properly post COVID-19!
- A central location in one of Europe’s most vibrant cities, Amsterdam!
For the safety of our employees and following the measures implemented due to COVID-19, we currently work differently. Our offices are closed while our production facilities are operating with proper safety and health measures. Our Recruiting process is currently entirely remote via phone and video calls. Our new hires will have a remote onboarding since the well-being of our employees is our number one priority.