albelli and Photobox Group have merged to create a leading player in the online European Photo Product and Gifting market. Together we now serve a pan-European customer base of over 7 million customers, supported by our 1,150 colleagues across the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, France, Spain, Germany, Norway and Sweden. We are focussed on inspiring our customers to easily make beautiful photo products and bring their special moments to life.
This is an exciting opportunity for a self starter to join the Architecture function to support our Information Architect and the broader Data Squad in working with other business functions to understand their information needs, as the business transitions from legacy data platforms to new cloud-based, event-driven data architecture.
The role will entail working with key stakeholders from across the business to elicit, interpret and document business requirements and processes in the context of information delivery and usage in an evolving information landscape. You will have worked alongside BI, MIS, and/or Analytics teams before and will be able to combine a methodical approach with strong relationship-building skills. A key skill in this role will be the ability to separate out requirements from solutions, and to dig down and identify the underlying business needs as well as the expressed requirements.
- Reviewing and documenting existing information flows and dependencies
- Represent business needs to technical teams
- Reflect the technical teams’ approach in conversations with the business
- Meeting stakeholders from across the business to understand their information needs
- Support the transition from legacy information platforms to event- & cloud-based data platforms
- Develop, review and enhance Confluence content
- Collaborating with the team and stakeholders in the writing of epics and user stories
- Facilitating feature prioritisation with stakeholders and technical teams
- Communicating technical platform capabilities and approaches to the business
- Strong communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong understanding of eliciting requirements
- Experience of a solution-neutral approach to documenting requirements
- Good interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Experience working with database-related technologies (BI, Analytics, Data Science etc)
- Experience in online retail, international retail, and/or manufacturing would be preferred
- Experience working in migration projects would be an advantage
- Experience running workshops (gathering requirements, or presenting technical content to the business)
- A fast-growing e-commerce environment
- An international company hosting over 50 nationalities
- Competitive compensation, relocation support, and lots of benefits (such as a discounted gym membership)
- Budget for personal growth and development, including external training, courses, and conferences
- 26 days of annual leave with a healthy work-life balance
- A flexible hybrid work set up with a minimum of 2 days per month in the office and everything you need for a proper work from home setup
- An informal, fun, proactive, and inclusive culture with a social atmosphere (Friday drinks, parties, sports, etc.) to be resumed properly post COVID-19!
- A central location in one of Europe’s most vibrant cities, Amsterdam!
We are working in a hybrid environment and this role is based in our Amsterdam office, located in the centre of city next to Central Station with stunning views of the harbour, and the numerous canals running through the old city. The office is spread over five floors, with ample amenities and easy walking distance to nearby shops, cafes, and restaurants. The team here is made up of more than 50 nationalities, who work across all areas of the business with a focus on analytics, marketing, HR, and technology.