albelli and Photobox Group have merged to create a leading player in the online European Photo Product and Gifting market. Together we now serve a pan-European customer base of over 7 million customers, supported by our 1,150 colleagues across the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, France, Spain, Germany, Norway and Sweden. We are focussed on inspiring our customers to easily make beautiful photo products and bring their special moments to life.
In this mid-level position based in Amsterdam, you report to the Accounting Manager and are responsible for the accounting operations of several business brands. In addition to timely and accurate reporting of (non) financial information, you are a business partner that identifies opportunities to optimize costs and supports efficiency initiatives. Furthermore, you will play a role in the company’s merger and acquisition efforts, including the drive towards further automation of accounting services
Key responsibilities of the Accounting Specialist:
- Perform month end close activities for a portfolio of entities including checks and balances to ensure the recorded figures are accurate and are complete in accordance with IFRS.
- Participate in external audits to ensure full regulatory and statutory compliance of the company.
- Partake in control activities to guarantee the integrity of reporting outcomes, including monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Provide support to the business on the appropriate accounting treatment for transactions, including research and resolution of technical accounting matters and liaising closely with accounting operations.
- Prepare data for periodic and on-demand Statistics reporting.
- Assist with VAT, GST and other compliance procedures.
- Assess business process requirements to identify what specific solutions and/or applications can improve business operations and advise in the selection of new applications or designing new solutions. This involves regularly evaluating the current state of the applications, identifying aspects which could be improved and recommending changes to facilitate those improvements.
- Contribute to the development, implementation, maintenance and support of existing applications (e.g., Oracle Cloud, APRO, SRXP, RF Smart, etc) that are integral to day-to-day business operations.
- Provide support and troubleshooting for all applications, including testing and integrating new solutions and/or applications.
- Maintain documentation of the application environments, including work instructions and (installation) manuals
- Establish and maintain constructive relationships with several business process owners and subject matter experts in the company (i.e., FP&A, SCM, QA, etc) and 3rd parties to ensure the various business application are fit for purpose.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, Business Economics or Business Administration
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in accounting services, controlling or auditing environment, including execution of month close procedures and technical application support.
- Knowledge and understanding of IFRS accounting principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Dutch and English.
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, including the ability to create reports as well as quickly detect shortcomings in reports, if any.
- Hands-on mentality, proactive, self-reliant and an entrepreneurial attitude with a high level of autonomy and self-accountability.
- Flexible attitude, highly motivated, proactive and an open-minded team player.
- Able to work as part of a team and coordinate activities with other departments in an engaging way/ no silo mentality
- A fast-growing e-commerce environment
- An international company hosting over 50 nationalities
- Competitive compensation, relocation support, and lots of benefits (such as a discounted gym membership)
- Budget for personal growth and development, including external training, courses, and conferences
- 26 days of annual leave with a healthy work-life balance
- A flexible hybrid work set up with a minimum of 2 days per month in the office and everything you need for a proper work from home setup
- An informal, fun, proactive, and inclusive culture with a social atmosphere (Friday drinks, parties, sports, etc.) to be resumed properly post COVID-19!
- A central location in one of Europe’s most vibrant cities, Amsterdam!
We are working in a hybrid environment and this role is based in our Amsterdam office, located in the centre of city next to Central Station with stunning views of the harbour, and the numerous canals running through the old city. The office is spread over five floors, with ample amenities and easy walking distance to nearby shops, cafes, and restaurants. The team here is made up of more than 50 nationalities, who work across all areas of the business with a focus on analytics, marketing, HR, and technology