Are you currently studying and do you want to gain some hands-on, real-world experience in an international company? Are you looking for an accounting internship in a high paced, international and innovative eCommerce environment? Here is your chance to join one of the fastest growing eCommerce companies in the Netherlands (with 6 brands, albelli is active in over 7 countries worldwide).
As an Accounting intern, you will work in the center of Amsterdam as part of albelli’s Finance department, consisting of 11 enthusiastic professionals specialized in accounting and financial analysis.
- Review and approve, vendor invoices, credit card statements and (travel) expense reports in the Oracle ERP Cloud solution;
- Participate in month end close and provide periodic operational/financial reports and analysis;
- Interact with colleagues to obtain appropriate approvals for purchase orders/requisitions;
- Perform Balance Sheet account reconciliations monthly;
- Participate in external audits;
- Provide support to the business on the appropriate accounting treatment for transactions;
- Partake in on-going finance transformation projects to optimize the Oracle Cloud (e.g., implementation of Oracle modules – contract management, maintenance management, etc.) to support the business;
- Develop and maintain key project metrics (e.g., price sensitivity analysis, inventory turnover, etc.);
- Assist with VAT and other compliance procedures.
- A motivated student who is currently studying towards a degree in Accounting, Business Economics or Business Administration;
- Some experience in previous internships regarding the same field (preferred but not required);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (other languages are a plus);
- Advanced skills in MS Excel;
- Oracle Cloud experience is an advantage;
- Team player but also able to work independently with a proactive attitude;
- Hands-on mentality, self-reliant and an entrepreneurial attitude.
What we offer
- A fun and challenging marketing internship in an international environment;
- An internship for at least 6 months, 32-40 hours a week;
- Market conform monthly internship allowance, 425 EURO;
- A very delicious daily lunch (once we return full time to the office following COVID-19);
- Informal and hands-on work culture;
- Based in the center of Amsterdam;
- Awesome colleagues from all corners of the globe.
You must be enrolled at a university within the EU for the complete duration of your internship. We only consider hiring interns who are in possession of an EU passport or have a valid residence permit for the purpose of ‘study’ in the Netherlands for the full duration of the internship.
For the safety of our employees and following the measures implemented due to COVID-19, we currently work differently. Our Amsterdam and Nijmegen offices are closed while our production facility in the Hague is operating with proper safety and health measures. Our Recruiting process is currently entirely remote via phone and video calls. Our new hires will have a remote onboarding since the well-being of our employees is our number one priority. For the time being, most of you will be working from home until further notice. This situation can change at any time.