The other half will be spent as an architect, lead developer, and coach: researching the latest technologies, (experimenting with) implementing them, sharing knowledge and coaching and mentoring the other developers to improve their technical skills.
The chapter consists of two teams that are responsible for our browser based software and our iOS and Android Apps. albelli is a flat organization, and in that context you will lead by example, not by mandate. You will inspire, not direct. If servant leadership is your style, then albelli is your next employer.
Join us at albelli. Front runners in the photo product industry, blazing a trail across the globe with five different brands – albelli, bonusprint, fotoknusden, Onskefoto and ReSnap. As one of the fastest growing eCommerce companies in Amsterdam you will work together with an international team that’s passionate about inspiring people to relive and share life’s moments through personalised photo products.
We’re headquartered in the heart of Amsterdam right next to Central Station, have a Nordic office in Bergen, a ReSnap office in Nijmegen and a factory in The Hague where we produce our photo products for all of our markets: Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, France, Sweden, Norway, the UK, the USA, Canada and Australia.
Although our colleagues come from all corners of the globe, there are a couple of things that unite us. We’re a driven bunch, passionate about exceeding our customer expectations and always setting our ourselves audacious goals. We embrace change, constantly striving to stay one step ahead in an ever-changing landscape. With customer centricity at our core, we are motivated by quality, creativity, innovation, development, and providing the best customer experience anytime, anywhere.
The JS chapter is currently working on:
- Integration of AI into the editors (in-house developed AI services analyze batches of our customer’s photos and automatically generate beautiful photo books based on the contents of the photo, such as the number of people, landmarks, whether people are smiling, etcetera);
- Experimenting with new methods of uploading photos, which can reduce uploading time by half (further details cannot be mentioned here, as they offer a unique competitive advantage);
- Introducing new mobile friendly, responsive interface for all our features;
- Continuously improving our infrastructure to increase editor performance, leveraging micro services where possible;
- A/B test new features that provide a better design experience for our users;
- Ironically investigating the possibilities of an “offline first” approach;
- Having a lot of fun exploring all new tools available to the front-end world.
Your function and main responsibilities:
- People growth: Identify areas of growth for people in the team, and coach them to grow in those areas;
- Architectural vision: You know where the technology of the chapter should head in the long term. You have a vision which you can substantiate, and you advocate this within your chapter and across the IT department.;
- Collaboration with the Product Owner: Thanks to you the PO is aware of the technical challenges of the requests, and values effort to keep technical debt to a minimum;
- Software development: You will spend 50% of your time coding.
- 5-10 years experience with frontend technologies;
- You know all about the latest JS related trends such as Node.js, ES6, React, etc.;
- You have knowledge of best mobile design practices, responsive design does not daunt you;
- You ensure code is of high standard and always covered with unit tests;
- You are fluent in English both spoken and written.
- Bonus points if you have experience leading a team or chapter;
- Bonus points if you have experience as a scrum master;
- Bonus points if you are good at playing Mario Kart.
- A fast-growing eCommerce environment
- An international office hosting over 30 nationalities
- Competitive compensation and lots of benefits
- A social atmosphere (lunch, Friday drinks, parties, sports, etc.)
- An informal and fun but driven culture
- A central location in one of Europe’s most vibrant cities