Are you an experienced Data Platform Engineer who is excited by the prospect of optimising or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives? Then you might be our new colleague!
Join us at albelli. Front runners in the photo product industry, blazing a trail across the globe with five different brands – albelli, bonusprint, fotoknudsen, Onskefoto and ReSnap. As one of the fastest growing ecommerce companies in Amsterdam you will work together with an international team that’s passionate about inspiring people to relive and share life’s moments through personalised photo products.
We’re headquartered in the heart of Amsterdam right next to Central Station, have a Nordic office in Bergen, a ReSnap office in Nijmegen and a factory in The Hague where we produce our photo products for all of our markets: Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, France, Sweden, Norway, the UK, the USA, Canada and Australia.
Although our colleagues come from all corners of the globe, there are a couple of things that unite us. We’re a driven bunch, passionate about exceeding our customer expectations and always setting our ourselves audacious goals. We embrace change, constantly striving to stay one step ahead in an ever-changing landscape. With customer centricity at our core, we are motivated by quality, creativity, innovation, development, and providing the best customer experience anytime, anywhere.
We are looking for a Data Platform Engineer to join our Data & Analytics team. You will be responsible for our new Data & Analytics architecture consisting of an AWS Redshift Data Warehouse and a Data Virtuality Logical Data Warehouse running on AWS EC2. With the latter it’s quick and easy to connect to different types of data sources and ingest data, without the need to code and maintain data pipelines ourselves.
We’re moving from ETL to ELT (sometimes something in between) since we have Looker as our new Analytics tool. Most transformations now take place there, so less data needs to be moved around and analysts can transform most data quickly and easily themselves. You must support them in doing that and where they are not self-sufficient, build solutions for them.
- Experience with an knowledge of AWS cloud services: AWS Redshift, EC2, S3;
- Advanced SQL knowledge;
- Experience building and optimising Data Warehouses, ETL/ELT processes and data sets;
- Strong analytic skills related to working with datasets;
- Build processes supporting data transformation and data structures;
- Agile mindset and/or experience;
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment;
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role;
- Experience/knowledge of Python is not required, but would be nice.
- A fast growing ecommerce environment
- An international office hosting over 30 nationalities
- Competitive compensation and lots of benefits
- A social atmosphere (lunch, Friday drinks, parties, sports, etc.)
- An informal and fun but driven culture
- A central location in one of Europe’s most vibrant cities
Is this the job you’re looking for? Great, we love to hear from you.
You can directly apply via the application button on this page. If you have any additional questions or just like to know more, you can contact Kelly van Eerden via email@example.com.