Are you the .NET Software Engineer or .NET Software Developer who will help our eCommerce grow and wants to grow with us? Then albelli is looking for you!
You will join one of the squads of our IT eCommerce tribe: a business-value focused team that partners with albelli’s marketing team to become an eCommerce leader delivering an inspiring and persuasive site experience that is feature and experience driven by best-in-class analytics and innovation.
At albelli, we aim to be an agile company with a lot of room for (personal) development. We are focused on growth, not just in revenue or size but also in the maturity of our processes.
Join us at albelli. Front runners in the photo product industry, blazing a trail across the globe with five different brands – albelli, bonusprint, fotoknudsen, Onskefoto and ReSnap. As one of the fastest growing eCommerce companies in Amsterdam you will work together with an international team that’s passionate about inspiring people to relive and share life’s moments through personalised photo products.
We’re headquartered in the heart of Amsterdam right next to Central Station, have a Nordic office in Bergen, a ReSnap office in Nijmegen and a factory in The Hague where we produce our photo products for all of our markets: Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, France, Sweden, Norway, the UK, the USA, Canada and Australia.
Although our colleagues come from all corners of the globe, there are a couple of things that unite us. We’re a driven bunch, passionate about exceeding our customer expectations and always setting our ourselves audacious goals. We embrace change, constantly striving to stay one step ahead in an ever-changing landscape. With customer centricity at our core, we are motivated by quality, creativity, innovation, development, and providing the best customer experience anytime, anywhere.
As .NET Software Engineer for one of our eCommerce backend squad you will be responsible for our eCommerce platform. Together with the other members of your squad, you will be designing, building and maintaining robust, highly scalable, testable and maintainable solutions, APIs and services in the cloud.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has extensive experience as a .NET engineer in a B2C eCommerce environment and has excellent knowledge about the technical design of scalable software components and distributed systems. You know how to think customer centric and out the needs of the customer first.
You are a highly skilled professional who is both independent and a great team player. Flexibility and excellent communication skills are a must. You are critical and challenging, but you also know when to let go.
- Design and develop robust, testable and maintainable software solutions;
- Document software, in particular business rules and key technical decisions;
- Ensure that albelli’s eCommerce platform runs smoothly;
- Research and make suggestions on how to improve our existing eCommerce platform.
Recently the eCommerce backend teams are working on or will be working on:
- Migrating our payments solution to the cloud (AWS)
- Redesigning and integrating our central product catalogue (PIM)
- You have experience in object oriented programming/design with .NET technology using C# and with Microsoft web technologies (ASP.NET MVC or Web API);
- You have experience with SQL Server and ORM framework;
- You are a valuable team member of an agile team (squad) and share the responsibility for the work that you do with the team (tribe);
- You write high-quality software and use best practices;
- You possess a curious and hungry mind, and a passion for code; you have good communication skills, you are smart, savvy, pro-active and get things done;
- You are fluent in English.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in computer science/engineering;
- Knowledge of, or experience with AWS/Cloud,
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodologies;
- Experience with Continuous Delivery, TDD, BDD, DDD;
- You have experience with customer facing e-Commerce solutions or similar platforms.
- A fast growing eCommerce environment
- An international office hosting over 30 nationalities
- Competitive compensation and lots of benefits
- A social atmosphere (lunch, Friday drinks, parties, sports, etc.)
- An informal and fun but driven culture
- A central location in one of Europe’s most vibrant cities